Angels and Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Castle Made of Glass

2 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Castle Made of Glass - Page 2 Empty Re: A Castle Made of Glass

Post  Stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Dahlia inwardly scowled at Leo, for she could hear the soft sound of stifled laughter. She kept her eyes fixed on Edmond, who was now stacking books by Shakespeare in front of her. "For the next hour, I would like you to read these," he told her.
Staring down at the books, Dahlia offered Edmond a small whimper before gathering them into her arms and shuffling to a corner of the library where she could read them quietly.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Leo
He stood up straight and rolled his shoulders a bit and stretched. He was suddenly glad he no longer had any school lessons of any kind as he saw the stack of books the dude wanted her to read. He pulled out a small chuck of wood from his pocket and knife he found a waist bucket and stood near it along a wall near Dahlia. Leo began to carve at the block of wood.

Carving was a past time he had once enjoyed doing frequently. As he got older he had less and less time to spend on it. So he figured doing this would give him something to do while she was learning, so he wouldn't go insane with boredom.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://angels-demons.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Dahlia peeked over her book at Leo, who stood leaned against the wall, carving away at a block of wood, and she raised an eyebrow. There was humor in her eyes. What an odd sort of man, she thought, to be passing the time with carving. It wasn't something she had ever seen before, but then . . . neither was he.
With a small smile, Dahlia returned to her reading of A Midsummer Night's Dream, her eyes lazily moving from one word to another. The story itself was just as the lesson: boring. She had already read the play, and so to reread it was dull, but Dahlia had never gone against the orders given to her. So, she continued, listening to the slight sound of Leo's knife on the soft wood.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 pm

(You know we do need the Bio's for this. I already have Leo's up there. XD)

Leo
He kept chipping away at the wood, he hadn't decided what he was gunna do with it, but usually when he just goes for it things turn out rather good.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:15 pm

(You're, like, reading my mind. xD I was just thinking that! I need to make Dahlia's. :p I don't think I need to make one for any of the other characters until we have more important ones.)

Half an hour later, Dahlia set the book down and pushed it away from her. She was growing tired from the reading, and she stifled a yawn. She shot a glance to Edmond, who was paying not a shred of attention to her, then leaned into the couch she had seated herself on and took another book from the stack. "I swear," she grumbled softly to herself, "this could be used as a form of torture."
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Leo
he smirked. "I think it already is." he said. "I mean...you're cooped up in a musty...granted amazing, library on a day like this people are meant to be outside enjoying the sun." he said quietly as he fiddled with the wood.

(Yeah, that's what I was thinking. wait for the bigger k'ters but we need her's up lol. sooner or later I'm gunna get these two confused Dahlia and Acacia...who's got what..lol. What did you think of my idea that all the lives had similar powers?)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 pm

(I seriously almost said Acacia instead of Dahlia in one of the earlier replies. I've started working on Dahlia, I just want to find a girl that looks like how I want her to look. And I like that idea. I had thought that's what we were doing, since Dahlia has the power over nature 'n' stuff.)

She grinned. "I rarely get to explore outside anyway. My father fears I might get hurt, so I'm always 'cooped up', as you say," Dahlia explained softly so hopefully Edmond would not hear. "I can only go into the garden, because it is protected by the walls of the castle."
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 pm

(Isn't that exactly like Acacia's? I mean, I think they should be different and yet similar. you know?)

Leo
"That's no way to live." he said. "Maybe after a while, if you do good in your studies with me we could see if you could go out there..with me of course but it's a start." he said still keeping quiet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 pm

(Yeah, but she's not gonna have the ability to control metals. I'm still thinking of something else she could do.)

A bubble of excitement formed in Dahlia's stomach. "Really?" she gasped, her eyes widening. To go outside the castle, see forests and run along the beach and feel the ocean . . . it sounded so new and strange. For so long Dahlia had wished to see what it was like out there. To actually be able to thrilled her.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Leo
"Well you wont be helpless...and I'll be there." he said. "And it would help me train you as you get better." he smiled. "BUT, you do good in all your studies." he smirked and looked at the books. 

(oh, ok. lol)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Dahlia scowled at him, looking back at the book, which she reached for and once more opened. "Fine," she mumbled, and continued to read where she had left off.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:58 pm

Leo
he smiled and went back to his wood carving. He had decided he was going for a rose, hoping he still had the ability for the detail and that a rose would entail.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:15 am

The hour came to an end rather fast, and once Edmond took the books from Dahlia, without saying anything, that meant she was free to continue with her day. She turned to Leo, who was occupied with his carving. "Are you ready?" she asked, a soft thrill of newness running down her spine.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:21 am

Leo
he looked over at her. "What? is it my turn already?" he asked. putting the wood back in his pocket and the knife back in it's place. he smiled. "Is there a room that we could use?" he asked. "One without such distracting windows." he smirked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 am

Dahlia looked into the courtyard. "I don't see why we couldn't go into the garden. There is a large courtyard that doesn't have anything in it." She turned to Leo. "It would be perfect for sparring," she added with a grin.

(Once I'm done with my bio, you should read it. There's some info that would be useful for when Leo is teaching her.)
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 am

Leo
he smiled. "You are way to exited about this." he joked. "Okay, well I need to get the equipment." he said "You should help me caring things out there." he said, sure she could have a servant do it for her. "Consider it part of the training." he smirked. "Come on Princess, the things are in my room." he informed her

(ok, I can't wait. you always make the best k'ters lol)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 am

(Aww, thank ya. ^-^ I actually really like making characters. lol)

Dahlia scowled at him good-naturedly. "I can be excited if I want," she told him as she followed after Leo. "New things are a blessing to me." He should be glad she wasn't hyper about it like she had been when she was younger. Back then anything new made her annoying and bouncy. At least now she wasn't irritating Leo.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 am

(lol, I only enjoy it if I have had weeks of planing, or if i can take my time, or if I suddenly have a briliant idea. lol. otherwise they are generall very vegue especially the personalities cause i never know what to put. lol when it comes to the story I can usually do pretty well, but the k'ters are always my weak spot. to me it's like, well how do I know how my k'ter is gunna act? I haven't played with it yet. lol. and then a lot of powers are REALLY over used these days.)

Leo
he smiled. "I can see that." he said. "I would probably be just as happy as you are if I was raised in a posh 'prison'." he said. "I mean..I mean that it the best way possible...only refering to it like such because you can never get out.." he said quickly, as they headed towards his room. Today she would be fencing, to instill the importance of footing and style.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 am

(I agree completely with you. Most of the time I don't even stick to the actual personality, because I form the character's true personality as the role play continues. Like, with Dahlia, I'm still figuring her out. :p)

Dahlia smirked at him and watched as Leo stumbled to explain himself. A posh prison was truly what it was. The castle was a beautiful place, yes, but she really didn't prefer the way her parents were raising her. "You know, you just dug your own grave right there," she pointed out as they reached Leo's room.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:11 am

Leo
"Hmm, well I guess that means I best teach you quickly before the King grows cross at me and kicks me out." he smiled and lead her to where the equipment for this was kept. he grabbed the helmet and placed it on her head face guard up. "You know what..." he said looking at the padding and stuff. "Maybe you should take this to your room and change. It's not going to be an easy slip on, over that dress of yours. might wrinkle it." he said, handing her the outfit she had to put on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 am

Dahlia stared at the padding and took the armful from Leo. She shuffled off toward her room, opened the door, and dumped all of the padding onto her bed. She removed her dress and placed it on her bed, then pulled on a plain blouse and some breeches and began to put the padding on. She tied up her hair into a ponytail. It was odd, the padding, but she adjusted to the fit quickly and, with the helmet in her arms, she left the room and slipped back into Leo's room.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 am

Leo
he had took the time to change as well, not having as much on as she, it did not take him as long. He was grabbing the fencing swords and his helmet as she walked in. "Here is your weapon." he said, handing it to her. "Come on, let's go." he said and headed to his door, and opened it waiting for her. "Ladies first." he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:50 am

(Sorry I took so long to reply. My computer froze. -__-)

Dahlia grinned, taking the fencing sword, and stepped through the door and out into the hallway. She knew the quickest way to the garden from this hallway, and so when she knew Leo was behind her she started walking down to the door. Dahlia used this door regularly and though her father preferred her to stay in the castle, she would go into the garden during her free time.
Warm spring air greeted the two as they stepped out into the garden. Dahlia paused to inhale the scent of blooming flowers and immediately she was energized. "Okay," she said and spun around to face Leo, "what are we doing?"
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:00 am

Leo
he looked around. "You." he said looking back at her. "Are going to learn how to fence." he said. "As you can see it's a form of sword play." he said waving around his little sword. "This is a form that requires discipline, and has rules." he said. "It was created by the humans, and practiced mainly in their 'Victorian' era." he informed her. "It was what most men would use in a fight rather than the gun things. much like in the book 'Count of Monte Cristo' " he informed her. "Fencing is not just sword play it is an art." he said. "There are correct ways to hold your weapon, and correct ways to strike an opponent." he said. "I have decided to first teach you this because it is a great basis for learning the sword. Many may disagree with me, but that's not my problem." he said. "Now I will show you a few things and you will practice till your movements are correct, this includes footwork." he said and proceeded to show her.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:11 am

(Count of Monte Cristo asfghddhhsjdjhsleirhfdjddj love. You can't forget The Princess Bride. Very Happy)

Dahlia studied his movements with keen eyes, hers flashing with understanding. She fell into the stance, matching his, and let herself memorize the feeling in her muscles, then jumped back into an upright position. "So the key is to be quick on your feet, yes? Move faster than your opponent?"
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum