Angels and Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Castle Made of Glass

2 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Castle Made of Glass - Page 3 Empty Re: A Castle Made of Glass

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:30 am

(I loved 'Count of Monte Cristo' !!! The book, the movie, and the french tv show!! with subtitles.) (Of course!! can't forget that! "As you wish." Very Happy)

Leo
"That is part of it." he said. "But not all of it. Being quick is just half of it." he said. "Being quick is all fine and well, but it is also skill." he said. "The movements are fast, but it does not help if you just move around. Fencing is a back and forth movement. the lunge and the step back." he said. "Now show me again." he said looking at her, waiting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://angels-demons.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Now Dahlia understood. She returned to the form Leo had shown her, her eyes more on her feet and legs to see whether she was correct or not, which she was, but she didn't want Leo to know that yet. Dahlia wasn't sure how he would react if he knew what she was capable of. Not many people knew, only two of her three brothers who had discovered it when they threw her into the fountain deeper into the garden. Dahlia had been six then and she had been barely able to keep her head above the deep water. When she hadn't come back up for air, her brothers had believed they had killed their sister. But in reality she had actually developed gills and had been crying at the bottom of the pool.
Dahlia could still remember how excited her brothers had been when they stuck their heads into the pool to find their sister alive and breathing in the fountain. But then they had called her something of a freak, because from then on it made complete sense as to why Dahlia was so quick to learn new languages and memorize material.
Now Dahlia didn't even mind her special ability. It was useful then, and it was useful now as Leo taught her fencing. Already her body had memorized the fluid motions of fencing, the quick back-and-forth, where her feet should go and how to bend her arm to get the best results. All she had to do was look as though she had never done this before.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Leo
he nodded. "Okay, now then, I want you to use that on me." he said putting his helmet on and the face guard down. "Use those movements and strike at me." he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Dahlia did the same as Leo and pulled her helmet over her head, the guard covering her face. A grin tugged at her mouth and her blue eyes brightened, and with the fencing sword in hand she went into the stance and struck at him, rather clumsily. Her subconscious would have preferred to attack like Dahlia knew she could and push the sword point to Leo's chest without even trying, but she could wait for that.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Leo
"Strike at me like you were doing when you weren't going for a person." he said. "Just a few moments ago. Don't be afraid to hit me with it, it won't hurt me." he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:26 pm

And so Dahlia did so, lunging quickly with the sword, striking Leo smoothly and coming back to the ready position with fluid motion. "Was that okay?" she asked, her head tilted to the side.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Leo
he smirked a bit behind his face guard. "Yes, show me more of that." he said. if she kept doing it that well, he'd start blocking and see how she took that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Dahlia could hear the smirk in his voice and grinned as well. She took this chance to try a different strike and struck Leo from the side. It was a little awkward to do so, but she was mostly experimenting at the moment ways of attacking.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Leo
he chuckled. "You have to stay balanced or I or someone else could knock you right over." he said. "Balance is another key." he said. "If you're going to deviate from what I showed you, then stay balanced and keep your footing." he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 pm

"Okay, balance, speed, and skill. Anything else you want me to know?" she asked, peering at him through the tight wire of the face guard. There was a slight itch in her to just spar and learn as she went, but Dahlia knew that probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Leo
he chuckled. "You learn as you go princess. If you're already doing something right then I need not address it, until you get it wrong." he said. "Come on, let's see what you can do." he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Dahlia grunted softly and focused on her balance, her speed, and how she struck Leo when she did. It wasn't as difficult for her as it probably would have been for someone who didn't have her ability, but it did take focus. She watched Leo's body language, the twitch of his muscles, and calculated what he would do before he did it. Leo obviously wasn't trying to do much, just let her get a a feel for fencing, but it was good practice for her.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Leo
sometimes he'd block her sometimes he wouldn't, but he did try to block a deferent way depending on where she hit. So she could see what blocks where good for where. with-in the next few days he might show her some blocking
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm

("Who are you?"
"No one to be trifled with."
"I must know."
"Get used to disappointment."
[Shrugs] "Okay.")

"So," Dahlia said as she gathered the energy from his block and pushed it into another strike, "how long have you been a soldier?"
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Leo
"It's been around 3 years, joined when I was 18." he said. "But I've been training for it for years." he told her. "I am still curious as to why the King didn't pick someone with more time then I." he said. "Whatever influenced his choice, I wish to show he chose right."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:51 pm

"He saw promise in you, something some of older, more experienced soldiers didn't have," Dahlia told him from what she knew. When her father had been choosing from his soldiers she had been listening to him and her uncle talk of who to pick. Her uncle was the army's general, and so he had access to all of the soldiers. "And he knew you were smart with a sword, and so I think he knew you would be a good teacher."
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Leo
he smiled a bit. "Well I hope to prove them right." he said "Anyways. Just so you know, the way I am teaching you is not the general way Fencing is taught. Usually One jumps into a duel and learns as they go, but seeing as it's not my goal to teach you to be good at fencing but just to give you a basic to fall back on I am doing it this way. So by no means think that because I'm showing you this think that you're learning how to fence."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Dahlia nodded. "Understood," she said. 
From the corner of her eye she spotted movement and turned to see her father in the window of the library, watching them with her older brother. Bear was speaking with her father as they watched and Dahlia immediately turned back to Leo. She knew just how little her brother thought of her, and it did hurt to know that he didn't really care much for her, but Dahlia didn't want that to get to her. She needed to pay attention to Leo and what he was teaching her.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Leo
"Ok, if you're going to move like you are. then do so like this." he said and showed her. "You don't want to much foot movement, it's easier to fall or be tripped." he said. "Now make your moves again."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:28 pm

"So, do I hop?" she asked when she lunged without her sword, just to practice what Leo had told her. She was looking at how her feet were moving and trying to reduce it to the minimum.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Leo
"For fencing yes." he said. "but not for my purpose." he said. "Now watch me again." he said and moved how she had been trying. "Make similar to that." he said. "It also helps with the power behind the strike." he said

(I'm done with my name list XD)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 pm

(Yaaaay! :DI'll give you mine in my next reply on Breaking Point. ^-^ And we can match the people together.)

Dahlia copied it, letting the feeling become muscle memory. She let herself repeat the motion a few times, then nodded in understanding. "Okay," she murmured, mostly to herself.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Leo
he faced her again. "Okay, now try the moves on me. I will be blocking you, so make your adjustments." he said, and stood at his ready.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Dahlia shifted into the stance and let herself melt into the position and moves she would be preforming. Then she did exactly as Leo had instructed, knowing he would be blocking, and struck him.

(I came up with a plot for this. What if King Stark was actually right, and the demons do attack and so it was a good idea for Dahlia to learn to fight because she's going to have to. And during one of the last battles I think Leo should be stabbed and nearly die and she totally freaks out when they find him at the end of the battle pretty much bleeding out. But they get him in time and save him (like a few weeks of him being in a bad condition) and all he has after that is this nasty scar.)
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Leo
he purposefully did not block the first strike, knowing she'd be expecting it. He wanted her to have the feeling of actually striking someone with a move like that. He did block her multiple times. As she 'attacked' him he spoke. "I am only teaching you the attacking first because I want you comfortable with the movements, and I want you to watch my blocking. Learning how to avoid a block and hit your target, is going to help you block. Because if your opponent counters your block you will have a good idea of the move they are making, so you can block that as well." he informed her. 

(Yeah, I was thinking that they should attack. I like that. I mean they already attack the smaller towns and villages on the edge of the land.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum