A Castle Made of Glass

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: A Castle Made of Glass

Post  Stars on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 pm

"I can bow, but my mother believes that I do not understand how to properly. And this is in a casual manner. The way my mother has me act is not nonchalant, but proper and sweet and doting." Dahlia gave Leo a pained look. "My mother is trying to marry me off," she added bluntly.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Leo
he smirked, holding in a little laugh. "keeping you locked up in here and not letting you around anyone is trying to marry you off?" he asked
Admin
Admin

http://angels-demons.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

"Yes," she hissed. "But she throws parties here with all the rich, big men of the kingdom all the time. And she does it to Bear as well. She's trying to find him a wife. Force the idea down our throats."
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Leo
"must be hard, not getting the chance to fall in love." he said. "Forcing to pick from a hand full of people...dont think i could do it." he said
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Dahlia shrugged. "That's what's expected, I guess. My parents didn't have to go through with it, though. They were a part of the original crowd that met God. I was only six, so it's not like I ever had the chance." She remembered the day that they had made it to the large clearing. Thousands of people were milling around, making such a fuss, and Dahlia was so small and too young to understand what was going on. All she remembered was how happy everyone was.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Leo
he nodded. "I was 8...I was alone. then I was with Him...and I didnt feel alone anymore." he smiled. "i remember that. I saw you...you asked asked your parents why everyone was running and happy. or something like that." he said. "I knew i recognized you from somewhere."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Dahlia blinked. "Really?" she asked. "That is amazing." It was odd to think that of thousands of people Leo would see her. "But why were you alone?"
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Leo
he cleared his throat a little awkwardly. "Because my family is..." he put his fingers on the top of his head like horns. he didnt really want to say it. "They thought i was stupid for believing in something, what with everything that had been going on." he said
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Dahlia stared at him, blinking. He really was alone. "Oh, Leo . . ." she whispered, "I'm sorry." She knew that saying sorry didn't normally help, but she didn't know what else to say. To be without family at age eight would have been so hard for Dahlia, even if her mother drove her crazy and her brothers didn't always make it known that they loved her. She felt for him.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Leo
he shrugged. "their choice." he said. "i miss them sometimes but I'm happy here, I'd make the same choices in heart beat." he said. "I'd rather be alone here then with them there." he smiled a bit "But then again, we never really are alone." he smiled. "He's always watching."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 am

Dahlia smiled. "That is true," she agreed.
A servant came into the kitchen and scanned the room before striding over to Leo and Dahlia. "The queen is waiting for you," she told her after she had bowed. Dahlia thanked her and watched as the servant scurried from the kitchens silently.
"Well, get ready," Dahlia said, "because these lessons will bore you."
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:11 am

Leo
he smiled. "oh I'm quite sure seeing you actually trying to learn something will keep me awake." he teased her slightly as he stood.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Dahlia offered Leo a scowl, mostly because she truly did not enjoy being forced into these lessons. She didn't see how these customs needed to be kept. Besides, Dahlia did have a choice in the husband she would have, but only out of the men her mother and father picked for her.

(Do you see the loop-hole there? (; )
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm

(UH....that her father technically did pick him?)

Leo
he smiled. "come along Princess." he said.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:45 am

(Yessss. >:3)

Following Leo, Dahlia could already see her mother eying him. She knew very well that the queen did not particularly enjoy her daughter learning these things, like fighting. Even before they had become angels her mother was like this, believing girls needed to be lady-like. Dahlia dreaded what she would say.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:02 am

Leo
he walked walked up and stood next to where the princess stopped.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Dahlia followed Leo until she reached the large doorway that led into the ballroom. She let Leo push one of the doors open and the two walked into the huge room. Her mother was waiting for them near the back of the room, sitting on one of the sofas that were tucked into the corners.
When they reached her mother, Dahlia bowed with a small smile. "Mother," Dahlia greeted as her mother rose and bowed as well.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Leo
He bowed to the Queen, and staid at the point where he'd came to a stop. He wasn't really sure what he should do at this point. go stand by a door...stand along the wall, so as not to be in the way..or what..
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm

The queen smirked at Leo and gestured for him to stand by the wall before facing her daughter. "My dear, have you been slouching?" she asked and Dahlia shifted her shoulders, straightening her posture immediately. Queen Kathryn gave her daughter a smooth scowl and crossed her delicate arms over her chest. "You cannot just stand up straight when you want to, Dahlia," she said sternly and sighed. "Anyhow, let us continue our lesson from yesterday on . . ." The queen looked pointedly at Dahlia.
"On when and when not to speak," she said, and when Kathryn turned away from her Dahlia stuck out her tongue in distaste.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Leo
He went to the wall as she had wanted, and watched them. he did his best to keep a smile off his face. talking? really? he always thought that one was just...well...a given. speak when spoken to and if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all, though..apparently he could be wrong..
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 pm

And so the lesson began, the queen asking Dahlia questions and Dahlia answering them the proper way she had been taught. She could see Leo out of the corner of her eye and she scowled at him when her mother was not looking. It's not funny, she mouthed and straightened when her mother turned around again.
Dahlia was to only answer simply, not offer too much information and not involve her opinion in the answer. This was the way a princess was to be, it seemed, but Dahlia had the distinct feeling in another generation or so these customs would be lost. What purpose was a prim princess, when there was so much war being threatened? A princess would be learning sword-play soon, not how to set a table, but in the meantime Dahlia would sit pretty for her mother.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Leo
not funny? oh he thought it was VERY funny. After a while it stopped being funny and just became pathetic. What kind of person would only wish to hear facts, and not the others opinion? The Thoughts of others mattered, whether the Queen understood that or not. If they cared about the opinions of their people then why assume that those same people did not care for the opinion of them? He respected the Queen as he respected all the royal family, but she was just flat out wrong, this wasn't the 1700's in the human era
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Dahlia went through the motions of the lesson, which seemed rather quick compared to the others. It was possibly the fact that Leo was there to amuse her with his expressions, or just that Dahlia had the right idea as to what to do. As she recited what her mother had told her to say, Dahlia thought of the future. Never would she use this rubbish, that much she knew. If Dahlia would ever actually go and meet her people she would actually talk to them and let them see what sort of person she was, not a puppet.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Leo
he stood there watching, noticing that this lesson was coming to a close. But did that mean they would go or did the Queen mean to have more then one lesson? like how not to speak your mind followed by mindless chatter while dancing. he thought as he thought of what he had learned in schools, of the people that lived in the 1700's. course he did rather hope that the Queen wasn't trying to revert things back to then...that time seemed really boring..
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 pm

(Wanna time-skip to after her lessons? Because . . . they're actually boring. xD And there are more, lots more. o.O So it's like a few hours before they're done and then they're off to lunch. Then Dahlia's home free for the remainder of the day.)

As her mother drawled on about the importance of manners, Dahlia tried her best to listen. The lessons tended to be the same the majority of the time, hitting topics that had already been addressed in previous sessions.
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next