Angels and Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Point

2 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Breaking Point Empty Breaking Point

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Let's continue
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://angels-demons.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Breaking Point Empty Re: Breaking Point

Post  Stars Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

As Acacia moved toward the center of the ballroom, a soft crack sounded where her foot had just fallen. Acacia yelped and jumped back, right into Galen, and the two fell back, and as she fell Acacia could hear the floor beneath them groan. "Oh no," she mumbled, right as her back landed on the aged tile. Right before she could stand, the floor gave way, and Acacia was plunged into a dark room.
When Acacia hit the hard earth below, a grunting noise came from deep in her throat. She had just had enough time to open her wings slightly before she made contact with the ground. Ahead of her was pitch dark, and the only light was coming from the hole in the ceiling she had created, and it was only a sliver of light. "Ow," she grumbled before getting up. With a quick sweep of the room, Acacia could only tell that this room had not been used in a very, very long time.
Up ahead, a sudden blue-white light sprung forth and Acacia flinched. Whatever it was, it did not look human, and Acacia's brow furrowed. It lit up the room around her, or at least a piece of it. The walls were packed earth, as ways the floor, and when she turned in a circle, Acacia discovered that what she stood in was not a room, but a tunnel.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Galen
he had stumbled back a little and tried to catch her but she fell before he could grab her. he looked down into the place she'd fallen. "Acacia? are you ok?!" he called. he was on his hands and knees to help even out his body weight. he waited worrying about her, as he waited for a reply
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Acacia's head angled upward, Galen's voice echoing off of the walls. "Yeah, I'm fine! There are tunnels down here!" she replied, shouting so he could hear her. The sudden interest she had had at the beginning slowly faded as she wondered what could possibly be inside of the tunnels. It could hold a number of underground beasts, and Acacia knew she wouldn't be able to get back up through the hole in the ceiling. The distance between it and the floor was too close for Acacia to pick up enough speed in flight so she could close her wings and fit through, and her wings were much to big.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 pm

Galen
he sighed, relieved. "Can you get back up?" he asked. he could just barely make out her form. "Or do you need to walk the tunnels to find a way out?" he asked. if it was the second he would drop down there with her. "I don't want you walking those tunnels by yourself." he said, knowing he was talking to the only person that could match him or better in a fight besides their fathers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 pm

"I don't think I want to try getting back up. I wouldn't be able to get enough speed to get through that hole without hitting a wing, and my wings are too big," she replied, her eyes on the little blue light that was steadily floating closer to her. There was no vegetation of any sort in the tunnels, and Acacia could not feel roots within the earth. There was no way she could safely create a stair for her to climb. "I think I might have to find an exit," she shouted up to Galen.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Galen
"Ok. I'm coming down." he said so she could hear. he scooted to the edge and let himself free fall, then quickly became one with the shadows. He then got himself situated, and appeared standing next to her. "I'd take you up in shadows, but the light from the top wont let me get up there all the way." he said, then looked around. yes he was a demon and could see fairly well in the dark, but what the heck was that blue thing? "How 'bout we get moving to find a way out." he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Acacia agreed and right as she started to take a step the small blue light floated the other way, and Acacia was left in complete darkness, and immediately she grabbed for Galen. She found his arm and wrapped hers around it, for while demons could see rather well in the darkness, angels could not, and so Acacia was only able to see Galen's outline in the dark.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 pm

Galen
he smirked, and they walked. "Do you want to see what that blue thing was? or get out maybe return with torches next time?" he said. he wasn't going to burn fire because they didn't actually know if there was an 'out' if there wasn't he'd burn out all the air.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:40 pm

"Let's just get out of here," Acacia murmured, loosening her grip on Galen as they began to walk. The tunnels were cold, with a musty smell, and they were very, very silent. The only sound was the crunch of their boots on the earth, but even that was unnerving.
Acacia wasn't too sure why she was so twitchy and jumpy, or why she had to clutch onto Galen as they walked, or why every sound made her skin crawl. She just could feel something wrong, but what she didn't know.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Galen
"As you wish." he said. "Are you ok?" he asked her. "You seem a little..tense?" he said trying to find the right word
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Acacia chuckled dryly. "Is it that obvious?" she asked, and inwardly scolded herself. "Yeah, I don't know . . . it could be how dark it is that's making my imagination run wild, but something doesn't feel right."
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Galen
"oh..I dont feel anything strange." he said "If it keeps getting worse i can give off a little light for a little bit. ok?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:02 am

Acacia nodded. "Okay," she said softly, and even though she couldn't see anything, she kept her eyes open. If that blue light came back, she wanted to know, or if something suddenly appeared. From thinking of what the blue light could have been came another question: why were those tunnels even there, and what was their purpose?
"I wonder what these were used for?" Acacia finally asked after the question had been gnawing at her for a while.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:15 am

Galen
"Well there are a few reasons i can think of." he said. "one is that these are escape tunnels incase they were attacked. Or...a dungeon of sorts." he said. "I'd think it's the first one though. the second would envolve bars and cages." he said.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 am

"Hopefully it's the first," Acacia agreed, more for the fact that the idea of them being in a dungeon only made her even that much more paranoid.
I have not seen humans for many seasons, something mused, and Acacia stifled her flinch, for Galen obviously had not heard the voice. What brings such youth to my tunnels? It took Acacia a moment to realize that whatever was speaking spoke in old Angelic, something that hadn't been used for many generations and was considered a dead language once one was formed that both angels and demons could use.
The sound of gentle paw-falls quite close to Acacia and Galen made her almost freeze and her grip on Galen tighten, and then two white-blue eyes stared at them a few feet away.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am

Galen
"What in hell is that?" he asked, staring. he could sense her fear, and feel it in the grip she had on him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 am

Acacia could barely hear Galen, and when a sudden light burst forth from around the creature she had to squint. "These tunnels are not a place to play. It is forbidden to come here! Leave," the creature barked as Acacia's eyes adjusted to the sudden light change. Little blue lights hovered around the thick gray pelt of a beast Acacia had never seen before. She was not as afraid as she was shocked, for she had never expected to find a guardian before. Guardians normally did not have an animal's form, and protected important pieces of history and buildings such as the one they were underneath.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am

Galen
"Acacia, what in the name that's all un-holy is this thing saying?" he asked, it took a longer while for his eyes to adjust than her's but he did end up seeing the thing. it was quite an un-usual sight. "What is that?" he said
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am

Acacia went up on the tips of her toes and whispered in his ear, "It's a guardian, either for these tunnels or the library. It said we need to leave, because we are forbidden to be here."
She turned to the guardian, and spoke, "We need a way out, that is the only reason we are here. We mean no disrespect to you, but could you help us out?"
Acacia's tutors had taught her to speak old Angelic, for all royal angels had to speak it fluently and understand the meaning as a custom and respect for the first beings who spoke it. It was spoken in the marriage ceremony of the king and queen, during the crowning of the king, and during the burial of any royal member, and for the first time Acacia found it to be useful.

(I'm calling the castle deal with all the information the library. x3)
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 am

(Ok lol)

Galen
he frowned. "Then why isn't it up there with the library?" he asked. "If it's a gaurdian, what's it gaurding down here?" he asked quietly. "And besides. If we really are Leo and Dahlia then don't we have the right?" he asked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:53 am

The guardian gave Galen a frown, then turned to Acacia and took a step closer, eyes narrowed. "I am the guardian of the souls," it spat at Galen.
"He cannot speak old Angelic," Acacia explained softly, and the guardian's expression showed his surprise.
"He is an angel, is he not? He smells of it," the guardian pointed out. "His soul even whispers of it. How can a royal angel not speak the language of his ancestors?"
Acacia gave Galen a look, one that warned him not to say a word. "He is a demon. Now please, can you help us out of here?"
The guardian's eyes narrowed further and he gave Acacia a lingering look of dark curiosity, and she knew what he was thinking for she had expected it. He was wondering why a royal angel was with a royal demon. "Yes, I shall," it said and turned, walking away.
Acacia pulled Galen with her, since she still held onto his arm. "It's going to lead us out," she explained.

(Sorry the reply was late. My mom broke a bowel, and we had to clean up all the little pieces.)
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:04 am

Galen
he stayed quiet as they walked. after a while he spoke, quietly. "I didn't know their kind was still around." he said to her.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stars Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:14 am

"I didn't really either," she agreed, "but maybe that's why it's underground? It could be hiding from something."
The guardian's ears twitched and then took a turn and there was a loud creaking noise. Acacia frowned, and when the two rounded the corner there was a large door at the end of the hall. It was opened, and the guardian was gone.
Stars
Stars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:21 am

Galen
he looked around, wondering where it went. "What would a guardian have to be afraid of?" he asked. "I mean..they are like...really strong." he said

(Hope you guys didn't poke a fingure on the broken pieces)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum